Dr. Yael Ecker
Office hours by appointment
Self regulation • Motivation • Social power • Attribution • Social cognition
- Ecker, Y., & Bar-Anan, Y. (in press). Sensory preconditioning of evaluation requires accurate memory of the co-occurrence between the neutral stimuli. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology. [preprint]
- Ecker, Y., & Bar-Anan, Y. (in press). The misattributing personality: The relationship between priming in the affect misattribution procedure, need for closure and body awareness. Social Cognition.
- Ecker, Y., Imhoff, R., & Lammers, J. (2021). Self-control failure increases a strategic preference for submission as means to avoid future failure. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.
- Ecker, Y., & Bar-Anan, Y. (2019). Conceptual overlap between stimuli increases misattribution of internal experience. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 83, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jesp.2019.03.006
- Ecker, Y., & Bar-Anan, Y. (2018). Applicability increases the effect of misattribution on judgment. Cognition and Emotion. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699931.2018.1498322
- Ecker, Y., & Gilead, M. (2018). Goal-directed allostasis: The unique challenge of keeping things as they are and strategies to overcome it. Perspectives on Psychological Science, 13, 618–633. https://doi.org/10.1177/1745691618769847
- Gilead, M., David, Y. B., & Ecker, Y. (2017). Not our fault: Judgments of apathy versus harm toward socially proximal versus distant others. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 9, 568–575. https://doi.org/10.1177/1948550617714583