Dr. Farid Anvari
Office hours by appointment
Smallest subjectively experienced difference • Positive and negative affect/mood • Meta-science • Judgment and decision making
- Anvari, F., Olsen, J., Yiu, H. W., Feldman, G. (2021). Misprediction of affective outcomes due to different evaluation modes: Replication and extension of two distinction bias experiments by Hsee and Zhang (2004). Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.
- IJzerman, H., Lewis Jr, N. A., Przybylski, A. K., Weinstein, N., DeBruine, L., Ritchie, S. J., ... Anvari, F. (2020). Use caution when applying behavioural science to policy. Nature Human Behaviour. [preprint]
- Anvari, F. & Lakens, D. (2019). The replicability crisis and public trust in psychological science. Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1080/23743603.2019.1684822
- Anvari, F., Wenzel, M., Woodyatt, L., & Haslam, S. A. (2019). The social psychology of whistleblowing: An integrated model. Organizational Psychology Review, 9(1), 41-67. [preprint]
- Lakens, D., Adolfi, F. G., Albers, C. J., Anvari, F., Apps, M. A. J., Argamon, S. E. … Zwaan, R. A. (2018). Justify your alpha: A response to “redefine statistical significance”. Nature Human Behaviour, 2(3), 168. [final print view] [pre-print]
- Wenzel, M., Anvari, F., De Vel-Palumbo, M., & Bury, S. (2017). Collective apology, hope, and forgiveness. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 72, 75-87.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship MEANINGFEEL Just noticeable differences in affect: Estimating the minimum changes in positive and negative affect that meaningfully impact people’s subjective experience of emotions, awarded by the European Commission, 2021
- Seedcorn Grant The initial elevation bias: Its robustness, magnitude, and a potential mechanism, awarded by European Association of Social Psychology, 2021
- Pre-registered Grant Study on The Replicability Crisis and Public Trust in Psychological Science, awarded by European Association of Social Psychology, 2019
- Australian Endeavour Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research Stay in Netherlands to study the teplicability crisis and public trust in psychological science, 2018