Dr. Angela Dorrough
Office hours by appointment
Social dilemma decision making • Behavioral economics • Stereotypes • Gender • Culture
- Eriksson, K., Strimling, P., Gelfand, M., Wu, J., Abernathy, J., Akotia, C. S.,… Dorrough, A. R.,… Van Lange, P. A. M. (in press). Perceptions of the appropriate response to norm violation in 57 societies. Nature Communications. [data and materials on OSF]
- Hellmann, D. M., Dorrough, A. R., & Glöckner, A. (2021). Prosocial behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic in Germany. The role of responsibility and vulnerability. ScienceDirect. [data and materials on OSF] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e08041
- Anderl, C., Dorrough, A. R., Rohrbeck, M., & Glöckner, A. (2021). The effects of trait social anxiety on affective and behavioral reactions to others' resource allocations. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making. [data and materials study 1 on OSF] [data and materials study 2 on OSF] https://doi.org/10.1002/bdm.2259
- Dorrough, A. R., Leszczyńska, M., Werner*, S., Schaeffer*, L., Simandi*, F., Galley*, A.-S., Akin*, E., Bachmann*, J., Bruske*, M., & Burghardt*, U. (2021). Equal performance, different grade: Women’s performance in discussion perceived worse than men’s. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. [data and materials on OSF] https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167221992213 *The 3rd-10th author were students under the supervision of the first author.
- Froehlich, L., Dorrough, A. R., Glöckner, A. & Stürmer, S. (2021). Similarity predicts cross-national social preferences. Social Psychological and Personality Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/1948550620982704 [data and materials on OSF]
- Olsson, M. I. T, Froehlich, L., Dorrough, A. R., & Martiny, S. E. (2021). The hers and his of prosociality across 10 countries. British Journal of Social Psychology. [data and materials on OSF] http://doi.org/10.1111/bjso.12454
- Schäfer, S. J., Simsek, M., Jaspers, E., Kros, M., Hewstone, M., Schmid, K., Fell, B. F., Dorrough, A. R., Glöckner, A., & Christ. O. (2021). Dynamic contact effects: Individuals’ positive and negative contact history influences intergroup contact effects in a behavioral game. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1037/pspi0000374
- Weiss, A., Dorrough, A. R., & Schmitz*, L. (2021). Analytic atheism in a low-religiosity culture: Examining the relationship between analytic thinking and religious belief in Germany. Personality and Individual Differences, 178, Article 110854. [data and materials on OSF] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2021.110854 *The 3rd author was a student under the supervision of the second author.
- Dorrough, A. R., & Glöckner, A. (2020). Sex differences concerning prosocial behavior in social dilemmas are (partially) mediated by risk preferences but not social preferences. An in-depth analysis across 10 countries. Social Psychology, 52, 61-74. https://doi.org/10.1027/1864-9335/a000434 [data and materials on OSF]
- Dorrough, A. R., Olsson, M. I. T., Froehlich, L., Glöckner, A., & Martiny, S. E. (2020). Does she compensate the victim while he punishes the perpetrator? No gender differences in anonymous economic games across 11 nations. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 34(2), 261-274. https://doi.org/10.1002/bdm.2208 [data and materials on OSF]
- Froehlich, L., Olsson, M. I. T., Dorrough, A. R., & Martiny, S. E. (2020). Gender at work across nations: Men and women working in male‐dominated and female‐dominated occupations are differentially associated with agency and communion. Journal of Social Issues, 76(3), 484-511. https://doi.org/10.1111/josi.12390 [data and materials on OSF]
- Jekel, M., Fiedler, S., Allstadt Torras, R., Mischkowski, D., Dorrough, A. R., & Glöckner, A. (2020). How to teach open science principles in the undergraduate curriculum — the Hagen Cumulative Science Project. Psychology Learning & Teaching, 19(1), 91-106. https://doi.org/10.1177/1475725719868149
- Koch, A., Dorrough, A. R., Glöckner, A., & Imhoff, R. (2020). The ABC of society: Perceived similarity in agency/socioeconomic success and conservative-progressive beliefs increases intergroup cooperation. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 90, 103996. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jesp.2020.103996 [data and materials on OSF]
- Nett, T., Dorrough, A. R., Jekel, M., & Glöckner, A. (2020). Perceived biological and social characteristics of a representative set of German first names. Social Psychology, 51, 17-34. https://doi.org/10.1027/1864-9335/a000383 [data and materials on OSF]
- Dorrough, A. R., & Glöckner, A. (2019). A cross-national analysis of sex differences in prisoner's dilemma games. British Journal of Social Psychology, 58, 225-240. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjso.12287 [data and materials on OSF]
- Dorrough, A. R., Nater, C., & Leszczyńska, M. (2019). Die Frauenquote greift in mehreren europäischen Ländern: Was sind die positiven und negativen Nebenwirkungen? Das In-Mind Magazin, 10 (1).
- Fiedler, S., Hellmann, D. M., Dorrough, A. R., & Glöckner, A. (2018). Cross-national in-group favoritism in prosocial behavior: Evidence from Latin and North America. Judgment and Decision Making, 13, 42-60. [pdf] [data and materials on OSF]
- Dorrough, A. R. (2017). The Determinants of Intergroup Social Dilemma Behavior a Special Focus on Cross National Interactions. Doctoral Thesis published at Göttingen State and University Library.
- Dorrough, A. R., Glöckner, A., Betsch, T., & Wille, A. (2017). When knowledge activated from memory intrudes into decisions from description—The case of stereotypes. Acta Psychologica, 180, 64–78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actpsy.2017.08.006 [data and materials on OSF]
- Dorrough, A. R., & Glöckner, A. (2016). Multinational investigation of cross-societal cooperation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 113, 10836–10841. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1601294113 [data on OSF]
- Dorrough, A. R., Glöckner, A., & Lee, B. (2016). Race for power in public good games with unequal, unstable punishment power. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 30, 582–609. https://doi.org/10.1002/bdm.1976 [data and materials on OSF]
- Dorrough*, A. R., Leszczyńska*, M., Barreto, M., & Glöckner, A. (2016). Revealing side effects of quota rules on group cooperation. Journal of Economic Psychology, 57, 136–152. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joep.2016.09.007 * shared first authorship [data and materials on OSF]
- Open Science Collaboration (2015). Estimating the reproducibility of psychological science. Science, 349, aac4716. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aac4716 [data and materials on OSF]
- Junior Start-Up Grant Hiring Biases against People with Mental Disorders (together with Ramona Allstadt Torras (FernUniversität in Hagen), and Andreas Glöckner, awarded by C-SEB, University of Cologne, 2018-2019
- Funding for conducting a research project in the field of Gender research, awarded by the University of Hagen, 2017
- Travel Grant for presenting at the SPSP 17th Annual Convention 2016 in San Diego, USA, awarded by the German Academic Exchange Servide (DAAD), 2016
- Funding for organizing the 8th Annual JDM Workshop for Early Career Researchers 2015, awarded by the Social Psychology Division (Fachgruppe Sozialpsychologie) of the DGPs, 2015
- Travel Award for presenting at the SPSP 16th Annual Convention 2015 in Long Beach, USA, 2014