Dr. Alexandra Fleischmann
Phone +49-221-470-1189 or -1215
Room 3.A01 / 2.B18
Office hours by appointment
Morality • Gender • Social comparisons • Political psychology
- Fleischmann, A., Lammers, J., Diel, K., Hofmann, W., & Galinsky, A. D. (in press). More threatening and more diagnostic: How moral comparisons differ from social comparisons. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1037/pspi0000361
- Fleischmann, A. & Van Berkel, L. (in press). Gender disparities in middle authorship. Social Psychological Bulletin.
- Fleischmann, A., Lammers, J., Conway, P., & Galinsky, A.D. (in press). Kant be compared: People high in social comparison orientation make fewer—not more—deontological decisions in sacrificial dilemmas. Social Psychological and Personality Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/1948550620947294
- Fleischmann, A., Lammers, J., Conway, P., & Galinsky, A.D. (in press). Kant be compared: People high in social comparison orientation make fewer—not more—deontological decisions in sacrificial dilemmas. Social Psychological and Personality Science.
- Fleischmann, A. & Burgmer, P. (2020). Abstract thinking increases support for affirmative action. Sex Roles, 82, 493-511. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-019-01068-2
- Fleischmann, A. & Lammers, J. (2020). Power and moral thinking. Current Opinion in Psychology, 33, 23-27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.copsyc.2019.06.008
- Sieverding, M., Ungar, N., Fleischmann, A., Lee, M., Zhang, H., Mohnke, M., … Weidner, G. (2020). Prevalence and frequency of self-management strategies among female cancer survivors: The neglected roles of social relations and conscious living. Supportive Care in Cancer, 28, 607-616. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-019-04790-5
- Fleischmann, A., & Gast, A. (Eds.) (2019). Männer können nicht zuhören, Frauen können nicht einparken? Psychologische Forschung zu Geschlechterunterschieden und -stereotypen [Men don’t listen, women cannot park? Psychological research about gender differences and stereotypes] [Special Issue]. Das In-Mind Magazin, 10 (1).
- Fleischmann, A., Lammers, J., Conway, P., & Galinsky, A. D. (2019). Paradoxical effects of power on moral thinking: Why power both increases and decreases deontological and utilitarian moral decisions. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 10, 110-120. https://doi.org/10.1177/1948550617744022 [data and materials on OSF]
- Fleischmann, A., Lammers, J., Stoker, J. I., & Garretsen, H. (2019). You can leave your glasses on: Glasses can increase electoral success. Social Psychology, 50, 38-52. https://doi.org/10.1027/1864-9335/a000359 [data and materials on OSF]
- Fleischmann, A., Sieverding, M., Hespenheide, U., Weiß, M., & Koch, S. C. (2016). See feminine – Think incompetent? The effects of a feminine outfit on the evaluation of women’s computer competence. Computers & Education, 95, 63–74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2015.12.007
- Fleischmann, A., & Sieverding, M. (2015). Reactions toward men who have taken parental leave: Does the length of parental leave matter? Sex Roles, 72, 462-476. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-015-0469-x
- Fleischmann, A., & Sieverding, M. (2013). Backlash. In M. A. Wirtz (Ed.), Dorsch - Lexikon der Psychologie (16th ed., p. 235). Bern, Switzerland: Verlang Hans Huber.
Further contributions in the same volume: Bem Sex Role Inventory (BSRI) (p. 257), Femininität (p. 548), Geschlechterstereotype (p. 625), Geschlechtsrollen-Selbstkonzept (p. 625), Macho-Personality (p. 983), Maskulinität (p. 995), Personal Attributes Questionnaire (PAQ) (p. 1166).
- Post-summer school Seedcorn Grant Brilliance as deviance: Gender-role incongruity as another barrier for women's access to academic fields (together with Inna Ksenofontov, PI, Rotem Kahalom, and Boglárka Nyúl), awarded by the European Association of Social Psychology, 2019
- Junior Researcher Grant Intercultural morality: Resolving conflicting evidence using the CNI model (together with Felix Speckmann and Bertram Gawronski), granted by the DFG Research Unit Relativity in Social Cognition, 2019
- Gender Research Grant Reactance drives (negative) attitudes towards gender-fair language (together with Ira Maschmann, PI), awarded by C-SEB, University of Cologne, 2018
- Gender Research Grant Detrimental effects of gender-fair language (together with Ira Maschmann (PI), & Iris Schneider), awarded by C-SEB, University of Cologne, 2017
- Junior Start-Up Grant The role of moral emotions in moral licensing (together with Maayan Katzir, PI), awarded by C-SEB, University of Cologne, 2016
- Gender Research Grant Dress for success—Women can use their outfit to maximize outcomes in ultimatum and trust games by signaling trustworthiness and competence (together with Joris Lammers and Ann-Christin Posten), awarded by C-SEB, University of Cologne, 2016
- Junior Researcher Award A social-cognitive perspective on positive discrimination: How mindsets moderate reactions to affirmative action (together with Pascal Burgmer), granted by the DFG Research Unit Relativity in Social Cognition, 2016
- Graduate Student Travel Award for SPSP 17th Annual Meeting, The Society for Personality and Social Psychology, 2015
- Undergraduate and Graduate Fellowship, German National Academic Foundation, 2010 - 2015
- Study Abroad Scholarship, German National Academic Foundation, 2013